The Human Heart of War



The Human Heart of War                                                                                                                                

                                                                                                                            Humanity's reaction to adversity continually sparks my interest.   War is an excellent example.  War because it is no respecter of persons, and EVERY ONE has had their share.  The fighting and combat aspect will not be my focus at this time.  My focus will be on the effect of the lives of people in the dead center of it's grasp.  I have researched normal people just living their lives during that time.  I study the whole family.  I study the soldiers from all countries and all walks of life.  I study their wives, children, and grand parents.  And this much I know.  That when a human is caught in the midst of terror and chaos,  and you look hard enough into the face of that person, you will see their soul.  If only for a split second.  You will also see that it is the soul of a scared little human.  Most of them, anyway.  Some are hiding.


It's obvious why people hate war.


It matters not if they are soldiers on the front line, commanding officers, or rebel soldiers.  Most would rather be home with their families.   I have seen the devastation encountered even before things turned into a full blown war.  I have seen how American soldiers struggle with depression after returning from deployment.  Only to have another war in the very same decade.  


Hope is only lost when we look away. 

Someday, maybe the reasons for war will be revealed. This hellish monster brings pain and agony to the entire world.  On this earth, there will always be death and famine.  This truth is beyond our control.  But in this world, we have the guarantee of hope.  If we pray, and open our hearts to those suffering, then we love them.  Hope is only lost when we look away.  Hope is deferred when we don't love.  When we choose to love, hope returns. 



"Humans gave it life.

This, my readers,  is why I put so much of myself into research.  I want to take this horrible monster that we call war, and give it a human heart.  After all, humans gave it life.   My research has merely begun.  As I continue to look for the human heart of war,  I pray that I will find it, along with the love it was created for.



"Love does no wrong to a neighbor.  Therefore, Love fulfills the Law."  Romans 13:8 


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog